Sunday 18 March 2012

Persistence and focus in children


Have you ever thought about your past as a child and realised how awesome you were, what a remarkable vision, your focus and persistence. What a time of life to remember. At this time of life we are so unique and practically God like. The time we do things, adults think it is immature. What a time, we as an adult now dread to be.

When you are a child, you are to be seen not heard. We imagine you are a child that has no developed not realising that a child has developed inside the womb of a mother. For instance, a child knows the fathers voice from inside of the mothers womb, ever thought at the time of birth the eyes might seem to be closed but still makes a movement when the father speaks.

Four days ago, I realised how persistent individual children can be. As children, we do what we are not allowed to do and when we grow into an adult, we stop doing those things. Why do we stop doing those things? We have been influenced by certain things around us which have moulded our way of behaviour and the things we do in life, we have been taught by our parents, our peers, environment, television, radio etc… This has changed our God like behaviour that restricts us from doing what we think. The persistence and focus in us has gone as an adult. Let’s remind us how persistent and focused a child can be. Last week a mother came in the laundrette with her two children. What happened is that they reminded me of my childhood behaviour which I find remarkable. I can tell you a little story about that. When I was little, we use to have a little radio in our home in the late fifties, which I loved so much when the radio would play.  I use to think that there was a human head inside of it. I wanted to open it to see the head but every time my mother or father would remove me from the radio telling me to sit down. I would sit down for a few seconds then once again, go back to the same radio and I would get smacked after doing it a few times but, that never stopped me from doing it which reminded me that the children that come into the laundrette have the same characteristics as I did when I was a child. The children went into action as soon as they came into the laundrette. They were playing with the laundry machines, touching and watching the clothes go round and round. Although they were restricted from touching it, they still continued. What this article is trying to show, is that when we grow into adults, we lose that sense of focus and resistance that was in us as a child. No matter what type of business you do, you have to discover the child in you that will make you focus and persistent.

 No matter the situation you are in your business, don’t give up. Looking at how this economy is at this day and age, it is the time to persist and stay focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment